Fee Quote and Payment Terms
- All fees are HST-free.
- Fees are flat-rate for the work we agree to.
I do not charge an hourly rate. 'Flat-rate' means that the fee does not go up (or down) if the case turns out to require more (or less) work than I anticipate when I first quoted for it. In particular, it means no refund if the case settles or otherwise resolves with little work done.
- Fees for any email consultation, litigation assessment, or for litigation support where the case is in Small Claims Court or before a tribunal, are usually a one-time lump sum.
- Fees for Superior Court or appellate court litigation support are usually quoted for and payable as each of the natural stages of the litigation progress (eg. pleadings, settlement conferences, pre-trial/pre-hearing motions, trial/hearing, factums, etc).
- Fees are payable by Interac email money transfer (available through most Canadian financial institutions). Where credit card use is necessary, Paypal may be arranged - though I prefer Interac whenever possible.
- Pre-payment in full is required before any work is commenced - no exceptions.